>80% of People employed in India are Entrepreneurs !
Entrepreneurship is the process of starting a business, typically a startup company offering an innovative product, process or service. The term "entrepreneur" is often conflated with the term "small business." While most entrepreneurial ventures start out as a small business, not all small businesses are entrepreneurial in the strict sense of the term.
The entrepreneur develops a business plan, acquires the human, financial and other required resources, and is responsible for its success or failure. Entrepreneurship operates within an entrepreneurship ecosystem which includes government programs and services that support entrepreneurs, not-for-profit entrepreneurship resources (e.g., incubators and accelerators), entrepreneurship education and training and financing (e.g., loans, venture capital, and grants). (* Source : www.Wikipedia.com )
Basically Entrepreneurs are individuals who organize and operate business who have fixed and definite costs with uncertain income,
TYPES OF ENTREPRENEURS
There are three kinds of entrepreneurs
- Those that are born entrepreneurs
- Those that achieve entrepreneurship and
- Those that have entrepreneurship thrust on them
- 80+ % of people employed in India are entrepreneurs.
- Most of the 80 % fall in the third category.
WHO ARE ENTREPRENEURS
We all understand entrepreneur as someone who converts a new idea into a successful innovation, which could result in new industry or create new ways of doing the same thing. We understand entrepreneurs as innovators who break existing status-quo to set new standards.
WHAT DO ENTREPRENEURS CREATE
- New services like Education, data mining. Analytics. Consumer convenience like e business, from booking of hotels, transport or movie tickets to e commerce on any commodity or act as exchange of products, idea.
- open up new geographies market in new territories or countries
- Create new users like villagers , or residents of tier 2 and 3 cities
- Exploit new opportunities like mobiles or languages and availability of band width
- Ride on new technologies like cloud, neural and spatial.
Sid Garg, Founder and CEO of www.zarood.com is one such entrepreneur who has set out to contribute to the cause of handmade exquisite fashion. Working directly with Kaarigars (Artisans) , Sid Garg is able to offer the most exquisite pieces of Fashion Jewelry and Accessories and Décor at very competitive prices. The range offered by zarood has a hallmark of authenticity and variety. You get a choice of colors and contemporary styles.
In our next blog we will dwell more upon the qualities that mark an entrepreneur.
About the Author
Mr. Veer Sagar consults and advises companies on general management, business development, cost and process management, objective creation and company positioning. Veer has over 48 years of general management experience in India with a particular focus on marketing and on the information technology and manufacturing sector. Currently is the Chairman of Selectronic, one of India's earlier BPO operations. Veer has also lead courses and delivered sessions on these topics to MBA and executive audiences at Harvard, IMD, Hong Kong University. He is also the Founding Chairman of “The Association of Entrepreneurs, (www.aoe-india.com)
- August 13, 2015
- Veer Sagar